We are proud and humbled to announce that at two of our SolarGlass showroom locations, Boulder and Denver, we will be hosting two happy hour get-togethers in which our customers will be invited to share our passion of giving back to the communities in which we live and work. We also welcome anyone who is interested in actively and monetarily helping out with our fundraising efforts on these two momentous occasions.
You are cordially invited to join us in support of “Hunger Free Colorado” for our hosted events at the locations and the times listed below.
May 8, 2014 at our Denver showroom located at….
201 University Boulevard, Suite 123
Denver, Colorado 80206
May 15, 2014 at our Boulder showroom located at….
3002 Sterling Circle, Suite 101
Boulder, Colorado 80301
Hunger Free Colorado’s mission is to eliminate hunger in Colorado, and here are a few of the facts surrounding the reason why they are so passionate in their efforts….
- Nearly 1 in 6 Coloradans experienced hunger at some point in 2012, meaning that more than 840,000 people faced a time when there was not enough money to buy food for their families or themselves.
- More than 1 in 5 Colorado households with children (22%) reported food hardship—facing financial challenges to put food on the table — between 2008 and 2012.
- More than 1 in 4 working families in Colorado do not have enough food to meet their basic needs
- Nearly 1 in 9 Colorado seniors were unsure of when or where they would get their next meal at some point in 2010.
- For the major nutrition assistance programs, Coloradan participation has improved, but statewide numbers still remain low.
- Food Assistance (SNAP/Food Stamps) – 55%
- School Breakfast Program – 46%
- Summer Food Service Program – 13.2%
We hope to see you on either May 8th in Denver, or May 15th in Boulder.