We recently replaced old double hung sashes in a 1920s home. The customer chose insert double hung windows to preserve the interior casing while using a panning system to encapsulate the exterior wood that was damaged beyond repair.
Since the home was in my neighborhood, I stopped by and, in addition to asking about their satisfaction with the work – they gave us a 100%! – I asked about their perspectives on the experience of doing business with SolarGlass.
Here are quotes from the conversation:
- Our responsiveness was reassuring
- Detailed information was helpful
- Good coordination of delivery and installation
- Higher price but believed we would honor and respect that we were touching their lives, not simply doing a home improvement project
Lest you think I am editing a commercial about how wonderful we are, I also learned:
- We do a good job introducing the lead people on the installation and painting crew but we need to also explain that the work will be done principally by crew members
I have written before, the window replacement industry needs to understand that we are being trusted with arguably the biggest manifestation of who we are – our homes. As a result, what we do and say needs to respect this truth.