When To Choose Fiberglass Clad Windows
When it comes to ultimate performance, Fiberglass has revolutionized window replacement solutions. Unlike real wood, fiberglass windows are guaranteed not to crack, peel, warp or stick. Their original beauty endures regardless of season or climate.
When compared with other window materials, fiberglass windows offer superior features and benefits:
- Unaffected by water, cold, heat, insects, salt, air and UV rays.
- 8x stronger than vinyl.
- Expands and contracts 833% less than vinyl – greatly enhancing longevity.
- 5x better resistance to UV and fading than vinyl allowing for a range of exterior colors – including bronze, black, and even copper!
- Baked-on exterior paint finish will not peel.
- Available in custom sizes and configurations.
- Low-E glass maximizes energy savings and reduces fabric fading – Energy Star qualified.
- Large selection of grid and hardware options.
Fiberglass has been touted as the frame material of the future for many years. We believe its time has come, as it’s a product driven by superior energy efficiency and longevity. Our fiberglass windows are available with full wood interiors or wood veneers. Fiberglass interiors are also an option. At SolarGlass, we offer the full range of fiberglass window styles available from Integrity Windows.
Integrity Windows pioneered the fiberglass window market nearly 20 years ago, and has continued to lead the industry with technologically advanced products and superior service. Available in all the most popular styles and colors, their Ultrex® pultruded fiberglass windows consistently outperform vinyl, aluminum, and other composite materials. The Wood-Ultrex windows also feature beautiful wood interiors designed to match your home’s décor.
There are, however, a few factors to consider before purchasing fiberglass windows … namely, the price. Typically, fiberglass frame materials are much more difficult to produce (thus limiting the number of quality providers). In general, good quality Fiberglass windows can cost 20% to 50% more than vinyl. In addition, fiberglass is not yet as expansively configured as aluminum-clad wood so very large and complex designs are not as easily accommodated.
Please call us for more information, or stop by one of our showrooms to learn more about the fiberglass window options available from Signature Windows.